There’s nothing more enchanting than lazing around with a book on a Sunday afternoon and reading to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. In a city bustling with life, it’s a treat to just get lost in a quiet bookstore.
Whether you’re in the city for a vacation or planning a weekend book-shopping spree, we have curated some of the best bookstores in NYC.
- 192 Books: 192 Tenth Avenue between West 21st and West 22nd, in Manhattan
- Unnameable Books is located at 600 Vanderbilt Avenue at St. Marks, in Brooklyn (718-789-1534)
- The Strand is located at 828 Broadway at 12th Street, in Manhattan (212-473-1452)
- Community Bookstore is located at 143 Seventh Avenue between Garfield Place and Carroll Street, in Brooklyn (718-783-3075)
- McNally Jackson is located at 52 Prince Street between Lafayette & Mulberry, in Manhattan (212-274-1160)
- 6, BookCourt is located at 163 Court Street between Pacific & Dean, in Brooklyn (718-875-3677)
- Housing Works is located at 126 Crosby Street, in Manhattan (212-334-3324)