New Yorkers are always in the mood for a summer evening of outdoor movie screenings with epic line-ups. Today, we bring to you, news from another contender vying for your loafing time: The HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival.
The annual Bryant Park Summer Film Festival in New York City is an outdoor series of movie screenings boasting a huge lineup of classic cults, award-winning works and blockbuster movies. The event takes place on Mondays throughout the summer and features several critically acclaimed dramas, laugh-out-loud comedies and black and white classics. Post-film discussions are another of the festival’s attractions.
This HBO-sponsored series has been screening movies in Bryant Park for more than 20 years. It’s one of the most popular summer movie series in the City. On movie nights, the lawn at the park opens at 5 PM with the movies starting at the dusk.
And don’t forget to bring a blanket along to enjoy classic Warner Bros cartoons before each screening. However, you need to arrive early if you want to claim a spot on the lawn.
When are the movies being scheduled and at what time?
Every Mondays at dusk from July to August.
The screenings start post sunset.
Is there any fee involved?
Nope, it’s absolutely free.
Also, here are a few pointers you must go through for a hassle-free experience:
- For blankets and picnicking, the lawn opens at 5
- The gravel area encompassing the park opens at 4
- For obvious reasons, bags, briefcases, and backpacks are subject to inspection
- Pets aren’t allowed on the lawn
- Chairs, tables, or plastic ground coverings are not permitted on the lawn
- You can buy blankets at any of the Bryant Park Shop on the Fountain Terrace
- Captions are displayed for each film
- While food and drinks are available at the venue, you can bring along your own too
Just avail any of the bus services to NYC and take a break from the daily routine!