When you think of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, you probably think of the warm weather and sunny beaches. The Everglades Airboat Tour, kayaking the channels, exploring museums and attending concerts and sporting events are just some of the fun activities you can do.
What you might not know is that Fort Lauderdale has some of the best restaurants in the country. You can find just about any type of cuisine perfect for almost any taste and budget. People flock to many of their finer dining establishments from locations around the world.
Here’s a quick summary of some of the best Fort Lauderdale restaurants:
1. Terra Mare. The name of this Italian restaurant means “land and sea.” You can start off with appetizers like beef tartare and oysters and work your way up to delectable main dishes like ginger bonzu, plentiful portions of tenderloin steak or snapper. All of the seafood and meat dishes on the menu come from local farms and fishermen.
2. Burlock Coast Seafare and Spirits. This trendy dining establishment is well-known for its Sunday brunch and its reality TV star chef Paula DeSilva, who appeared on the hit show “Hell’s Kitchen.” You can find this restaurant in the Ritz-Carlton Hotel right on Fort Lauderdale beach. Sit a spell and enjoy one of their tasty seafood entrees. or delight in a specialty like pork belly tacos or roasted swordfish.
3. Casa Sensei. One of the more popular restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, it’s known for more than just standard Asian dishes. Here you can find taste sensations from Japan, China, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand and even a little Latin American flair. Enjoy duck noodle soup or tasty Korean tacos at your table or on the go.
4. Blue Moon Fish Co. Despite being located in the upscale Intracoastal Waterway area that is usually full of expensive boats and yachts, you don’t have to be a millionaire to eat here. They offer very affordable dining options that allow you to enjoy unlimited food and beverages. You can also enjoy selections from the salad bar, oyster bar, carving station and omelet stand. They have one of the more diverse menus in the city.
5. Charm City Burger Company. If you’re looking for a good old-fashioned American hamburger restaurant, this is the place for you! They offer a nice selection of steak burgers with an assortment of toppings at prices that are very inexpensive. You can also opt for a chicken, sausage, tuna or veggie burger. Wash down your meal with one of their local brews, or specialty milkshake or soda.
6. Vinnie’s By The Sea. Owner Vincent Foti brought his love of Brooklyn-style pizza to Fort Lauderdale with his well-known restaurant. Enjoy one of their hand-tossed pizzas made with fresh ingredients. You can sit back and watch them being made in an authentic wood-burning oven that was brought in straight from Italy. You can have a little taste of New York on a day at the beach.
7. Blue Willy’s Barbecue. One of the few Texas barbecue restaurants in the state, Willy’s is popular because of their wood-smoked beef brisket and spare ribs. Stop in and sit a spell while sampling one of their famous sandwiches. Just be prepared for a line outside of the door during peak times. On Thursdays, the lines get even longer as patrons are anxious to get their hands on one of their beloved smoked pastrami sandwiches piled as high as they can go on a fresh onion bun.
8. S3 Restaurant (Sun-Surf-Sand). This restaurant is popular among people who enjoy the city’s active nightlife. They offer traditional American meals as well as unique dishes like macaroni and cheese with smoked Gouda, grilled octopus and tuna kamikaze, to name a few. Relax and enjoy your meal as you people watch or listen to DJ music. They are a great place to host wedding parties and other special occasions.
9. Milk Money. If you want a restaurant where you can just walk right in and feel at home, this may be the place for you. They offer many standard dining options including sandwiches, burgers and salads as well as unique offerings like avocado toast, chicken BLTs and the Maui poke bowl. A great choice for a nice relaxed meal.
10. Rocco’s Tacos and Tequila Bar. One of the better Mexican restaurants in the area. They offer a wide variety of tequila, appetizers and entrees with fresh guacamole served right at your table. You can have a nice breakfast or lunch, or join them for happy hour right downtown.
These are just some of the many incredible dining options in Fort Lauderdale to pick from. All of these and many other restaurants have their hours, menu selections and pricing online. You can even make reservations online in advance with some of them if you’d like. Fort Lauderdale offers all of this and many more ways to help enjoy your stay. OurBus can take you to Fort Lauderdale with regular service to and from Miami. Busses feature onboard power outlets, complimentary wifi and free bottled water onboard.