Update as on 8/12/20: online sales have ended but there is still availability. You must call the hotel and book over the phone, and ask for the OurBus group rate.
On July 30, 2020, Cornell University announced a mandatory 14-day Cornell University Student quarantine before coming to campus for those traveling to Cornell from a state on the NY State COVID-19 Travel Advisory list of Restricted States.
For Cornell University students coming from COVID-19 hot spot states, hotel rooms in Ithaca are in limited supply and prices have surged to $300+/night. To help students who need an affordable place to spend their 14 days of quarantine before moving into university housing, OurBus has partnered with a group of hotels to offer discounted rates. We started with the Courtyard by Marriott Elmira Horseheads (sold out) and the Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning (sold out) and expanded to the Fairfield Inn Riverside to offer an exclusive discount rate. Depending on the hotel, the rates range from $65 to $79 per night, plus tax. To book either Fairfield Inn, click on this link, which will take you to the hotels’ website.
The Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post has rooms available at $79/night. To book at the Hampton Inn, go to this link.
OurBus will also be offering bus travel options back and forth between Ithaca and the hotels.
Note: OurBus is an independent travel and transportation broker; we are not affiliated with Cornell University.
More about the Hotels:
The Courtyard by Marriott Elmira Horseheads (sold out)
The Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning (sold out)
The Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside is a great value for students looking for an easy, comfortable stay. Rooms come with free WiFi, a mini fridge and other amenities.
The Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post is a highly-rated hotel in the Finger Lakes region. Similar to other options, all rooms have free WiFi, HDTV and a mini fridge for storing food during the quarantine.
Note: For those quarantining, certain amenities such as the fitness center will not be available. The hotel also asks that quarantining guest do not spend any time in the common areas of the hotel. Guests should dine inside their rooms and instruct any food delivery services to bring orders directly to the room instead of to the front desk.
At all of the hotels shown, staff will leave brown bag breakfasts at your door, in lieu of typical breakfast offerings.
This rate includes:
- Hotel accommodations in a single King Bed or Queen Bed room, or similar, for any 14 day period between 8/8/20 and 8/31/20 for the Cornell University Student quarantine
- Each room will have mini fridge and microwave, but not full size refrigerator. View a full list of amenities for the The Courtyard Elmira Horseheads, Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, Fairfield Inn Riverside and Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post. Food delivery is available and encouraged for quarantining people.
- Brown bag breakfasts, left at your door.
This rate does NOT include:
- Transportation to and from the hotels (This can be booked separately through OurBus here). Choose the ‘Elmira’ or ‘Corning’ stops as your origin or destination for hotel pick up or drop off.
- Other meals
- Daily room cleaning
- The rates of $65/night and $79/night do not include tax
Cancellation and other terms:
- COVID 19 related cancellation, or cancellation due to weather conditions, natural disasters, or other circumstances out of our control at ANY time after reservation is made will incur $0 in cancellation charges or penalties. This includes cancellations because of a COVID-related change to Cornell’s academic calendar.
- Cancellation for any other reason will incur $0 in cancellation charges or penalties as long as the hotel is notified 24 hours prior to arrival date.
- Cancellation within the 24 hour period prior to arrival date without being related to COVID19 or other circumstances out of our control will result in a charge of one night room & tax.
- Must reserve by 8/12/20 to secure the Cornell University student quarantine rate.
- Send any questions about hotel stay directly to the hotel.
- In addition, review the full list of re-entry items for students are listed on Cornell’s website.
Travel options before, during and after your Cornell University Student quarantine stay:
- OurBus will offer shuttles to/from the hotels from our bus stop in Downtown Ithaca at 130 East Seneca Street. Customers can book travel from New York or Ithaca to the hotels here.
- The normal luggage restrictions are waived for these trips.
- After check-out, OurBus will offer a daily bus shuttle from the hotels back to Ithaca.
- The Elmira – Corning regional Airport, which is served by Delta, is a 5-10 minute taxi ride from the hotels.