Tampa is a popular destination for many travelers from around the world. Located on Florida’s Gulf Coast, this sunny city offers perfect weather year round. There are so many great activities there for people of all ages to enjoy.
Here are some of the many fun things that you can do in Tampa:
1. Take the family to Busch Gardens. This popular amusement park offers a wide variety of rides, guided tours, live entertainment and other attractions for both children and adults. You can also interact with live animals, shop and enjoy a delicious meal at one of their many restaurants.
2. Appreciate the arts. Tampa is a very cultural city. You can spend some time appreciating the many works of arts at the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts or the Contemporary Art Museum. You can also attend educational programs, lectures and classes while you’re there.
3. Listen to live music. The Straz Center for the Performing Arts is one of the more popular theaters in the state. It hosts thousands of events every year for fans of every kind of music genre. They also provide classes and workshops for people who interested in the performing arts as a hobby or profession.
4. Take in a ballgame. The Tampa Bay Rays are the local American League professional baseball team. You can take in a game at Tropicana Stadium and cheer on the home team as they take on one of their rivals. If your’e a hockey fan, head over to Amalie Arena for a Tampa Bay Lightning NHL game! The arena is also used for basketball games, arena football contests and concerts.
5. Mosey along the Tampa Riverwalk. The Riverwalk is a large pedestrian walkway that connects the city with the waterfront. Popular attractions along the way include the Channelside Bay Plaza, the Florida Aquarium, the Historical Monument Trail and the World War II American Victory ship, among others. You can also visit a wide variety of museums, hotels, restaurants and other family-friendly entertainment centers.
6. Go back in time at a museum. The Tampa Bay History Center, Henry B. Plant Museum and Glazer Children’s Museum offer many important historical artifacts for everyone to enjoy. You can gain some insight into the lives of some of Florida’s first inhabitants, get a glimpse of renowned local architecture and even learn a little about modern design.
7. Tour the University of South Florida’s Tampa campus. This sprawling college is home to over 25,000 students every academic year. It’s gained a worldwide reputation as one of the best research institutions and architectural colleges. Daily tours are offered of the campus located on the picturesque channels of the Hillsborough River.
8. Say hey to the dolphins in Tampa Bay. The waters of Port Tampa Bay offer visitors a close-up look at dolphins in their natural environment. You can take a boat tour as you navigate around the scenic area. There are also many species of birds, fish and other wildlife that you may encounter on your excursion.
These are just some of the many things to see and do during your next trip to Tampa. If you can’t find something fun during your stay, you just aren’t trying hard enough. From natural beauty, entertainment and shopping, to education, sports and an active nightlife, Tampa offers something for everyone!
Did you know OurBus serves Tampa, FL to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Meyers, Sarasota and Miami? Frequent departures, complimentary wifi, plentiful power ports and free wifi make OurBus the go-to travel provider for Floridians and tourists alike.